Saturday 17 May 2014

The Sea Garden: UK update

 
I heard yesterday that it will be a little bit longer than expected before The Sea Garden is available here - publication has slipped from the end of July to August 28. These things happen with publishers' selling-in cycles to book chains and other retailers, but it does mean that it will be an autumn rather than a summer read this year. It's not such a bad thing. More people will be back from holiday and see it in the shops, and with any luck will want to buy it to prolong their summer mood. I hope so, anyway.
 
The US publication is still set for June 24, and when I'm sent my author's box of books I think I will organise some kind of draw for readers in the UK to win one of those copies. I'll keep you posted.
 
The picture here is the UK cover visual by Sarah Perkins, without the lettering so you can see the fabulous detail of the fictional Domaine de Fayols on the island of Porquerolles. 

6 comments:

FrenchVillageJacqui said...

I think you are right, it will be a perfect way to keep the holiday mood going into autumn.

Shelley said...

So looking forward to reading it! :) Why the US first though?

Gill Edwards said...

Yes i was going to ask why US first when the author is from UK. It will prolong the anticipation though and a giveaway sounds excellent
gill x

Deborah Lawrenson said...

There's no reason why it's coming out in the US first. Although there's friendly cooperation between the editing teams, the publishers in the UK and US are entirely separate and they have each chosen a date that suits them best. For the best sales, it's probably better to publish either at the start of summer, or the start of autumn. Looks like I have the best of both!

Lisa Erin said...

So looking forward to June 24th! Hope all is well with you (other than the obvious publishing excitement). :) I've been a tad MIA on my blog...trying to get back into the swing...the working world has been messing with my daily schedule, and creative energy level. I've been keeping up on things via FB mostly...looking forward to reading your new book!

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Dare I say I'm looking forward to Autumn now .... great cover!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...