Friday 20 February 2015

A "Vignette" in France Magazine

 
A peek inside the March edition of France Magazine - Britain and the USA's     bestselling magazine about French life. I've written a personal account of a trip to Apt market with my daughter in search of the ghosts trapped in amber that you can sometimes see this time of year...
 
 
...when the stallholders selling the purest olive oil come to market:

 
As readers of this blog well know, I love writing and posting pictures about this market in Apt. I see that I described the town as a "scruffy old bear" but I meant it kindly, to imply the affection you might feel for a well-loved teddy rather than the threat of a starving grizzly. Though, if one such did ever make it here, there are more calming delicacies that you could shake a stick at.

 
If you haven't discovered France Magazine yet, I suggest you start with a visit to their website. You will find all sorts of delicious suggestions of new places that intrigue, as well as great photography and personal recommendations, recipes, history and even French language pages and puzzles. Make yourself a cup of coffee, sit back and have a little dream break.



8 comments:

Marcheline said...

First of all... oooooooh - PURPLE artichokes! And congrats on the magazine article! Not really in that order, you know.

Libby said...

Love France magazine, and congratulations! I don't subscribe to paper and usually only pick it up when I'm over there (which, malheureusement, hasn't been for a while…) so will go to the online version.

Amanda said...

I do subscribe to France Magazine. There are some interesting articles. I learn more from blogs though.

Bunched Undies said...

Wonderful pictures and text Deborah. Wish I were there right now!

Gill Edwards said...

looks a lovely magazine, is it written in English apart from the French language parts and puzzles? Is your article in the current one?

Deborah Lawrenson said...

Hi Gill! The magazine is all in English, sometimes with an article in French, but always with a translation opposite (great idea). My piece is in the current edition dated March. There's just a puzzle page in this one, mainly in English but based on French words and phrases.

Barbara said...

Hello Deborah, I loved all the photos, thank you. I had not seen a copy of France Magazine before today, but I will certainly be going over to the website. Hugs Barbara.

Beef Recipes said...

Interesting post I enjoyed read this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...