Saturday 29 October 2016

The author reads: audio clip

 
Last month I did a radio interview on Resonance FM in London, during which I read a couple of extracts from 300 Days of Sun. I was sent one of the extracts the other day, and I thought I would share it here: Deborah Lawrenson sets the scene in the town of Faro, from the opening of the novel.
 
It's only two minutes long, but while you're listening you might like to look at this photo I took early one morning from the top of the Hotel Faro looking over the Jardim Manuel Bivar towards the Old Town gates where the storks nest. The white structures are the food stalls that opened at night during the folk festival. In the foreground is the bandstand where Joanna meets Ian Rylands, and beyond the marina are the lacy green salt marshes and the islands. If you enlarge the photo, there is even a plane coming in to land. Hope you enjoy it!
 
 
Available at all good booksellers and from Amazon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...